Sugababes Encourage Women to Do Pap Smear
Sugababes are helping to raise awareness of cervical cancer - because the British band was shocked to learn about the severity of the disease. The "Push the Button" hitmakers are headlining the Fight Cervical Cancer In Style event in London on Wednesday, January 27 in a bid to educate women about the disease.
The trio is calling for females to make sure they undergo regular smear tests to check their health. Speaking on U.K. TV show "Live From Studio Five", singer Heidi Range says, "We're just really pleased to be part of the campaign, raising awareness for girls to go and get regular smears and just raise awareness."
Bandmate Amelle Berrabah adds, "We work for a lot of charities anyway and as soon as we heard about it we were really interested... and just for the simple fact as well that we learned so much. When they told us some of the facts, we were like, 'Are you joking?' "
"Three people a day die from cervical cancer... it's the most common cancer in women from the age of 20 to 29, the second most common cancer from under 35. You might as well go and get a smear and check it out because it's your life you're playing with here and it's so easy, it takes five minutes out of your time and you could save yourself a lot of trouble in the future."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge