Victoria Adams Asked to Design Dubai Luxury Hotel
Victoria Adams is in talks to help design a luxury hotel in Dubai, after the country's ruler wrote the former Spice Girls a personal email requesting her help with the project, according to a U.K. Report. The Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Sheik Mohammed Bin Rashid al-Maktoum, met the former pop star when she was on vacation in the Gulf in 2009 with her husband, soccer star David Beckham.
He has reportedly approached her about teaming up with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld to create a new resort, which would be based on the nation's fashion-themed isle Isla Moda. But the star is still considering taking up the role, despite being offered a reported $40 million fee for her input, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "She was absolutely stunned. But after meeting the Sheik and virtually the entire back catalog of Who's Who in Dubai last summer, she received an email from him asking her to get involved with the project. She was asked to put her name to the hotel and help with everything from room design to the make of the wardrobes and furnishings."
"The parties have been emailing each other for a number of months ...As ever, she is simply so busy being a mum and tied down with her own fashion collection. It's a very tempting offer, nonetheless." A spokesperson for Beckham says, "Victoria is always keen to look at ways of growing her business but for now her focus is New York Fashion Week next month."
More Victoria Adams News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'