Clive Owen Weeps Reading Script of 'The Boys Are Back'
Clive Owen broke down in tears when he read the script for his latest role as a single dad - because the thought of his own children losing their mother devastated him. The Brit actor stars in "The Boys Are Back", playing a sports writer forced to raise his child alone after his wife dies.
But Owen struggled with the role, as it made him lament on how his young daughters, Hannah and Eve, would cope without a parent. He says, "I found it very upsetting when I read it. Every time I read the script I cried. In some scenes I was turning to a young boy and saying, 'Your mother might not be around for much longer.'"
"I find this a devastating idea as a parent of two girls. The idea of that conversation upsets me, so I found it moving."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce