Clive Owen Weeps Reading Script of 'The Boys Are Back'
Clive Owen broke down in tears when he read the script for his latest role as a single dad - because the thought of his own children losing their mother devastated him. The Brit actor stars in "The Boys Are Back", playing a sports writer forced to raise his child alone after his wife dies.
But Owen struggled with the role, as it made him lament on how his young daughters, Hannah and Eve, would cope without a parent. He says, "I found it very upsetting when I read it. Every time I read the script I cried. In some scenes I was turning to a young boy and saying, 'Your mother might not be around for much longer.'"
"I find this a devastating idea as a parent of two girls. The idea of that conversation upsets me, so I found it moving."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'