Clive Owen Weeps Reading Script of 'The Boys Are Back'
Clive Owen broke down in tears when he read the script for his latest role as a single dad - because the thought of his own children losing their mother devastated him. The Brit actor stars in "The Boys Are Back", playing a sports writer forced to raise his child alone after his wife dies.
But Owen struggled with the role, as it made him lament on how his young daughters, Hannah and Eve, would cope without a parent. He says, "I found it very upsetting when I read it. Every time I read the script I cried. In some scenes I was turning to a young boy and saying, 'Your mother might not be around for much longer.'"
"I find this a devastating idea as a parent of two girls. The idea of that conversation upsets me, so I found it moving."
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa