Clive Owen Weeps Reading Script of 'The Boys Are Back'
Clive Owen broke down in tears when he read the script for his latest role as a single dad - because the thought of his own children losing their mother devastated him. The Brit actor stars in "The Boys Are Back", playing a sports writer forced to raise his child alone after his wife dies.
But Owen struggled with the role, as it made him lament on how his young daughters, Hannah and Eve, would cope without a parent. He says, "I found it very upsetting when I read it. Every time I read the script I cried. In some scenes I was turning to a young boy and saying, 'Your mother might not be around for much longer.'"
"I find this a devastating idea as a parent of two girls. The idea of that conversation upsets me, so I found it moving."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier