Mischa Barton Accused of Not Paying Her Apartment Rent
Actress Mischa Barton is facing a lawsuit from her landlord over allegations she owes $21,000 in unpaid rent on her New York apartment. In a lawsuit filed on Thursday, January 21, lawyers for property company M.R.A. Realities Inc. claim the former "The O.C." star has ignored continued requests to pay rent for the last three months.
The star rented out the $7,000 -a-month pad in the Big Apple's trendy Tribeca neighborhood on a one-year lease in September 2009. She had planned to stay in the city while filming her now defunct TV show "The Beautiful Life: TBL". The series was axed the same month. The landlords are seeking the outstanding rent as well as legal fees.
Mischa Barton has starred in several movies such as "The Sixth Sense", "Notting Hill", "St Trinians". Then, in 2007, the 23-year-old British actress appeared in "Closing the Ring" and "Virgin Territory". Recently, she also starred in "Don't Fade Away" that may be released this year.
More Mischa Barton News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal