Mischa Barton Accused of Not Paying Her Apartment Rent
Actress Mischa Barton is facing a lawsuit from her landlord over allegations she owes $21,000 in unpaid rent on her New York apartment. In a lawsuit filed on Thursday, January 21, lawyers for property company M.R.A. Realities Inc. claim the former "The O.C." star has ignored continued requests to pay rent for the last three months.
The star rented out the $7,000 -a-month pad in the Big Apple's trendy Tribeca neighborhood on a one-year lease in September 2009. She had planned to stay in the city while filming her now defunct TV show "The Beautiful Life: TBL". The series was axed the same month. The landlords are seeking the outstanding rent as well as legal fees.
Mischa Barton has starred in several movies such as "The Sixth Sense", "Notting Hill", "St Trinians". Then, in 2007, the 23-year-old British actress appeared in "Closing the Ring" and "Virgin Territory". Recently, she also starred in "Don't Fade Away" that may be released this year.
More Mischa Barton News
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!