Mischa Barton Accused of Not Paying Her Apartment Rent
Actress Mischa Barton is facing a lawsuit from her landlord over allegations she owes $21,000 in unpaid rent on her New York apartment. In a lawsuit filed on Thursday, January 21, lawyers for property company M.R.A. Realities Inc. claim the former "The O.C." star has ignored continued requests to pay rent for the last three months.
The star rented out the $7,000 -a-month pad in the Big Apple's trendy Tribeca neighborhood on a one-year lease in September 2009. She had planned to stay in the city while filming her now defunct TV show "The Beautiful Life: TBL". The series was axed the same month. The landlords are seeking the outstanding rent as well as legal fees.
Mischa Barton has starred in several movies such as "The Sixth Sense", "Notting Hill", "St Trinians". Then, in 2007, the 23-year-old British actress appeared in "Closing the Ring" and "Virgin Territory". Recently, she also starred in "Don't Fade Away" that may be released this year.
More Mischa Barton News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert