Mischa Barton Accused of Not Paying Her Apartment Rent
Actress Mischa Barton is facing a lawsuit from her landlord over allegations she owes $21,000 in unpaid rent on her New York apartment. In a lawsuit filed on Thursday, January 21, lawyers for property company M.R.A. Realities Inc. claim the former "The O.C." star has ignored continued requests to pay rent for the last three months.
The star rented out the $7,000 -a-month pad in the Big Apple's trendy Tribeca neighborhood on a one-year lease in September 2009. She had planned to stay in the city while filming her now defunct TV show "The Beautiful Life: TBL". The series was axed the same month. The landlords are seeking the outstanding rent as well as legal fees.
Mischa Barton has starred in several movies such as "The Sixth Sense", "Notting Hill", "St Trinians". Then, in 2007, the 23-year-old British actress appeared in "Closing the Ring" and "Virgin Territory". Recently, she also starred in "Don't Fade Away" that may be released this year.
More Mischa Barton News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama