Pixie Lott Weeps for Meeting Mariah Carey
British music newcomer Pixie Lott broke down in tears when she met Mariah Carey for the first time, because she'd spent her childhood idolizing the pop icon. The "Boys and Girls" hitmaker ran into Carey at a industry party in London, and rushed to say hi to her hero.
Lott says, "When I was little I listened to my mum's music. I sang all the big ballads by Mariah Carey. I met Mariah - she had a party in London and I got to meet her." The occasion was so emotional for Lott, she found herself fighting back tears.
Lott adds, "I thought I'd be fine as I've met so many people but I shook her hand and started welling up. It was so embarrassing but I was overwhelmed, she'd been my idol since I was so young. Then she went to the toilet. She didn't give me any advice on how to be a popstar."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7