Justin Timberlake Signs Fellow Mouseketeers Matt Morris to His Record Label
Justin Timberlake has given a child co-star from the Mickey Mouse Club a big break - after signing singer/songwriter Matt Morris to his record label. Morris starred alongside fellow famous mouseketeers JC Chasez, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in the Disney show but has yet to follow his former castmates into the spotlight.
Behind the scenes, Morris has co-written songs for Kelly Clarkson, Aguilera, and Timberlake himself since the series. And now the "SexyBack" singer is signing Morris to his Tennman label. Confirming the news, Timberlake describes Morris' style as "Ray LaMontagne meets Elton John meets Stevie Wonder meets Rufus Wainwright," adding, "It's time for the birth of the hybrid artist."
Justin Timberlake launched his Tennman label, which was created as a joint venture with Interscope Records, on May 28, 2007. For the company, Justin serves as chairman and chief executive officer. Some artists who have joined his record label included Esmee Denters, Freesol and Brenda Radney.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors