Justin Timberlake Signs Fellow Mouseketeers Matt Morris to His Record Label
Justin Timberlake has given a child co-star from the Mickey Mouse Club a big break - after signing singer/songwriter Matt Morris to his record label. Morris starred alongside fellow famous mouseketeers JC Chasez, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in the Disney show but has yet to follow his former castmates into the spotlight.
Behind the scenes, Morris has co-written songs for Kelly Clarkson, Aguilera, and Timberlake himself since the series. And now the "SexyBack" singer is signing Morris to his Tennman label. Confirming the news, Timberlake describes Morris' style as "Ray LaMontagne meets Elton John meets Stevie Wonder meets Rufus Wainwright," adding, "It's time for the birth of the hybrid artist."
Justin Timberlake launched his Tennman label, which was created as a joint venture with Interscope Records, on May 28, 2007. For the company, Justin serves as chairman and chief executive officer. Some artists who have joined his record label included Esmee Denters, Freesol and Brenda Radney.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role