Jessica Biel Shed Tear Upon Reaching Kilimanjaro Peak
Jessica Biel was so emotional after reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro on Tuesday, January 12, she broke down in tears. The actress climbed to the top of the 19,340-foot-high Tanzanian peak for the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro campaign with a team of celebrities, including actor Emile Hirsch and rapper Lupe Fiasco.
And the 27 year old was so exhausted after six days of climbing that she sobbed when the group made it to the mountaintop, according to her fellow hiker, United Nations Foundation executive - Elizabeth Gore. Gore tells People.com, "I walked over to Jessie and gave her a big hug. The two of us embraced and we just cried. Every single one of us was in absolute tears. The temperature was zero degrees and so many people were struggling. People had hurt limbs, people had altitude sickness."
But Gore admits making their way back was also a struggle, adding: "The way down is so steep. And we had ice, so you're stepping sideways, trying not to slip. And we hit big boulders, so we had to hop-skip. We had major knee issues."
After their triumph, the climbers celebrated by indulging in a warm meal at a local restaurant in Arusha, Tanzania on Wednesday evening.
More Jessica Biel News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video