Jessica Biel Shed Tear Upon Reaching Kilimanjaro Peak
Jessica Biel was so emotional after reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro on Tuesday, January 12, she broke down in tears. The actress climbed to the top of the 19,340-foot-high Tanzanian peak for the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro campaign with a team of celebrities, including actor Emile Hirsch and rapper Lupe Fiasco.
And the 27 year old was so exhausted after six days of climbing that she sobbed when the group made it to the mountaintop, according to her fellow hiker, United Nations Foundation executive - Elizabeth Gore. Gore tells People.com, "I walked over to Jessie and gave her a big hug. The two of us embraced and we just cried. Every single one of us was in absolute tears. The temperature was zero degrees and so many people were struggling. People had hurt limbs, people had altitude sickness."
But Gore admits making their way back was also a struggle, adding: "The way down is so steep. And we had ice, so you're stepping sideways, trying not to slip. And we hit big boulders, so we had to hop-skip. We had major knee issues."
After their triumph, the climbers celebrated by indulging in a warm meal at a local restaurant in Arusha, Tanzania on Wednesday evening.
More Jessica Biel News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident