Channing Tatum Was in Great Pain Over Genital Burn
Channing Tatum begged to be knocked out after sustaining severe burns to his penis in a bizarre accident on the set of "The Eagle of the Ninth" - because he could hardly tolerate the pain. The actor, 29, was shooting the drama in the chilly Scottish Highlands in October 2009 and, in an effort to keep warm, he poured boiling hot water into his wetsuit.
He tells Details magazine, "The only way to keep warm was by pouring a mix of boiling water and river water down your suit. We were finally done shooting for the day, and one of the crew guys asks if I want to warm up before I go. I'm like, 'Nah, I'm good'. And then I thought, 'Why not?' "
"Thing is, he'd forgotten to dilute the kettle water, so he poured scalding water down my suit. And I was trying to pull the suit away from my body to somehow get away from the boiling water, and the more I pulled the suit away, the lower the water went. It just went straight down and pretty much burned the skin off the head of my d**k."
Tatum had to be taken to hospital, where he needed to be knocked out for medics to treat his genitals. He adds, "I had five guys looking at my shrivelled, burned penis... It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life." The actor is now well on the road to recovery: "Now my penis is fantastic! One hundred per cent recovered."
More Channing Tatum News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'