Channing Tatum Was in Great Pain Over Genital Burn
Channing Tatum begged to be knocked out after sustaining severe burns to his penis in a bizarre accident on the set of "The Eagle of the Ninth" - because he could hardly tolerate the pain. The actor, 29, was shooting the drama in the chilly Scottish Highlands in October 2009 and, in an effort to keep warm, he poured boiling hot water into his wetsuit.
He tells Details magazine, "The only way to keep warm was by pouring a mix of boiling water and river water down your suit. We were finally done shooting for the day, and one of the crew guys asks if I want to warm up before I go. I'm like, 'Nah, I'm good'. And then I thought, 'Why not?' "
"Thing is, he'd forgotten to dilute the kettle water, so he poured scalding water down my suit. And I was trying to pull the suit away from my body to somehow get away from the boiling water, and the more I pulled the suit away, the lower the water went. It just went straight down and pretty much burned the skin off the head of my d**k."
Tatum had to be taken to hospital, where he needed to be knocked out for medics to treat his genitals. He adds, "I had five guys looking at my shrivelled, burned penis... It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life." The actor is now well on the road to recovery: "Now my penis is fantastic! One hundred per cent recovered."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences