Channing Tatum Was in Great Pain Over Genital Burn
Channing Tatum begged to be knocked out after sustaining severe burns to his penis in a bizarre accident on the set of "The Eagle of the Ninth" - because he could hardly tolerate the pain. The actor, 29, was shooting the drama in the chilly Scottish Highlands in October 2009 and, in an effort to keep warm, he poured boiling hot water into his wetsuit.
He tells Details magazine, "The only way to keep warm was by pouring a mix of boiling water and river water down your suit. We were finally done shooting for the day, and one of the crew guys asks if I want to warm up before I go. I'm like, 'Nah, I'm good'. And then I thought, 'Why not?' "
"Thing is, he'd forgotten to dilute the kettle water, so he poured scalding water down my suit. And I was trying to pull the suit away from my body to somehow get away from the boiling water, and the more I pulled the suit away, the lower the water went. It just went straight down and pretty much burned the skin off the head of my d**k."
Tatum had to be taken to hospital, where he needed to be knocked out for medics to treat his genitals. He adds, "I had five guys looking at my shrivelled, burned penis... It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life." The actor is now well on the road to recovery: "Now my penis is fantastic! One hundred per cent recovered."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child