Dixie Chicks' Sisters to Record New Album Without Natalie Maines
Dixie Chicks' Erwin sisters have temporarily split from singer Natalie Maines to record a new family album. Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, who were both born Erwins, are working on a new project without Maines.
But the singer's father Lloyd, who co-produced the trio's 2002 album, "Home", insists the split is temporary and the girls are already thinking about their plans for the future. He tells CMT.com, "They were all here at my house for Christmas. Everybody seemed happy and healthy. And they were back here on New Year's Eve with their families."
"Everybody had a great time, but, I tell you, during holidays, I don't ask any business questions, and they didn't offer any insight... But they're definitely still an entity."
Of the new project Maguire and Robison are working on, Maines says, "It's old tunes Emily learned when she was a kid and she's going to do an instructional book along with it."
More Dixie Chicks News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'