Paparazzi Upset Corrine Bailey Rae After Husband's Death
British soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae struggled to cope with the media attention after her husband's tragic death because she suddenly found herself the focus of the paparazzi as she tried to grieve.
The "Put Your Records On" sensation was left devastated when her husband Jason Rae, a member of Mark Ronson's band, was found dead from a drugs overdose in March 2008. Rae recently admitted the loss hit her hard and she became a recluse, comparing the mourning period to drowning.
And the star has now revealed she found it difficult to cope with the added pressure of the awaiting paparazzi as she had never had to deal with snappers before. She tells Billboard magazine, "They had never had any interest in me before, because I don't get drunk and fall out of bars and do all of these reckless things." "After losing Jason and the circumstances around that, there's been a sudden interest in me personally that I find to be quite disturbing."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?