Angelina Jolie Replaced by Karen Elson in Luxury Brand
Angelina Jolie has been dismissed as the face of luxury label St. John - after bosses decided the famous actress was overshadowing the fashions she modeled. The tattooed "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" star signed up with the designer brand in 2005, replacing supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has been featured in their ad campaigns ever since.
Blonde beauty Kelly Gray, the daughter of the brand's founders Robert and Marie Gray, previously posed for the upscale firm. But now top executive Glenn McMahon has dropped Jolie - in favor of red-headed model Karen Elson for the spring 2010 campaign.
McMahon tells WWD.com that Jolie "overshadowed" the brand, adding, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette. We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John. We have evolved."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce