Angelina Jolie Replaced by Karen Elson in Luxury Brand
Angelina Jolie has been dismissed as the face of luxury label St. John - after bosses decided the famous actress was overshadowing the fashions she modeled. The tattooed "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" star signed up with the designer brand in 2005, replacing supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has been featured in their ad campaigns ever since.
Blonde beauty Kelly Gray, the daughter of the brand's founders Robert and Marie Gray, previously posed for the upscale firm. But now top executive Glenn McMahon has dropped Jolie - in favor of red-headed model Karen Elson for the spring 2010 campaign.
McMahon tells WWD.com that Jolie "overshadowed" the brand, adding, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette. We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John. We have evolved."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week