Angelina Jolie Replaced by Karen Elson in Luxury Brand
Angelina Jolie has been dismissed as the face of luxury label St. John - after bosses decided the famous actress was overshadowing the fashions she modeled. The tattooed "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" star signed up with the designer brand in 2005, replacing supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has been featured in their ad campaigns ever since.
Blonde beauty Kelly Gray, the daughter of the brand's founders Robert and Marie Gray, previously posed for the upscale firm. But now top executive Glenn McMahon has dropped Jolie - in favor of red-headed model Karen Elson for the spring 2010 campaign.
McMahon tells WWD.com that Jolie "overshadowed" the brand, adding, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette. We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John. We have evolved."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding