Angelina Jolie Replaced by Karen Elson in Luxury Brand
Angelina Jolie has been dismissed as the face of luxury label St. John - after bosses decided the famous actress was overshadowing the fashions she modeled. The tattooed "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" star signed up with the designer brand in 2005, replacing supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has been featured in their ad campaigns ever since.
Blonde beauty Kelly Gray, the daughter of the brand's founders Robert and Marie Gray, previously posed for the upscale firm. But now top executive Glenn McMahon has dropped Jolie - in favor of red-headed model Karen Elson for the spring 2010 campaign.
McMahon tells WWD.com that Jolie "overshadowed" the brand, adding, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette. We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John. We have evolved."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences