Angelina Jolie Replaced by Karen Elson in Luxury Brand
Angelina Jolie has been dismissed as the face of luxury label St. John - after bosses decided the famous actress was overshadowing the fashions she modeled. The tattooed "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" star signed up with the designer brand in 2005, replacing supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has been featured in their ad campaigns ever since.
Blonde beauty Kelly Gray, the daughter of the brand's founders Robert and Marie Gray, previously posed for the upscale firm. But now top executive Glenn McMahon has dropped Jolie - in favor of red-headed model Karen Elson for the spring 2010 campaign.
McMahon tells WWD.com that Jolie "overshadowed" the brand, adding, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette. We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John. We have evolved."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia