Mastodon Score Music for Megan Fox-Starring 'Jonah Hex'
Rockers Mastodon are hitting Hollywood - the band has signed on to write the score for new comic book movie "Jonah Hex". Josh Brolin and Megan Fox are already lined up to star in the movie adaptation of the DC comic, which is due for release in June 2010.
And it will be accompanied by the heavy rockers' trademark sound. Bassist Troy Sanders reveals, "Director Jimmy Hayward played scenes for us and gave us all day long to create music that matched the emotion of the scene. It was flattering to be given 100 per cent creative control in this movie. It was very pure, it was real (sic) creative and totally spur of the moment."
Sanders also has an answer for critics who accuse the band of selling out: "(The budget) covered our studio fees, but it was a break even deal. (John Malkovich) Malkovich, (Josh) Brolin and Megan Fox all took pay cuts to be a part of this movie - that alone speaks volumes about how much people care about this film."
"We sacrificed another two weeks away from home to give away an album's worth of material for nothing in return but satisfaction in being a part of something incredible."
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake