Green Day NOT Lined Up for 2010 Glastonbury Fest
Green Day have joined The Rolling Stones among the acts that won't be performing at England's Glastonbury festival this summer, June 10. Event organizer Emily Eavis has dismissed reports the punk trio will join U2 among the headliners at Glastonbury 2010.
But she's determined to land her favorite rapper, Dizzee Rascal, for the second year running. Eavis says, "We've gotta have Dizzee, I think that's a given."
And the daughter of festival founder Michael Eavis insists music fans will have to get up early to catch the biggest acts this year. She tells BBC 6 Music, "A lot of bands are saying, 'We really want to do it but how about we open the Pyramid Stage (main stage) rather than close it?' And it's like, 'That's a good idea'."
More Green Day News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance