Lionel Richie Is Considered as 'American Idol' Judge
"American Idol" reboot is reportedly eyeing Lionel Richie as their second judge. Previously, Katy Perry was confirmed as the first judge as the singing competition was about to launch its 16th season on a new network.
Production sources tell TMZ that producers think Lionel's legendary music career makes him a perfect pick. His credibility and outgoing personality also make him an obvious choice for the "American Idol" bosses.
It's still unknown whether "American Idol" crew has formally reached out to Lionel. A representative for the "Hello" hitmaker hasn't responded to a request for comment.
Fans are wondering how much can producers afford to pay Lionel as Katy is getting a staggering $25 million for her judging gig. Meanwhile, Randy Jackson recently revealed that "American Idol" producers wanted him to replace Ryan Seacrest as the show's host.
More American Idol News
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell