'Last Man Standing' Will Seek New Home After ABC's Cancellation
Following the ABC cancelation on Tim Allen comedy "Last Man Standing", studio 20th Century Fox Television is poised to seek new home. The studio will be searching for another network which is interested to air "Last Man Standing" seventh season and beyond. Fox execs Jonnie Davis and Howard Kurtzman revealed to Variety that ABC's decision to pull the show off its lineup took them by surprise.
"That's the one that's really an open sore right now," Davis said. "We really were expecting a pickup. The fact that we didn't get a pickup was a surprise and a disappointment. I think no one was more disappointed than Tim Allen, such a huge star with such a huge following," Kurtzman later added.
Allen even took to Twitter to express his disappointment soon after ABC announced the cancellation. "Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years. *#lastmanstanding," he wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years. #lastmanstanding— Tim Allen (@ofctimallen) May 16, 2017
ABC canned the series after six seasons, despite very respectable ratings. Fans of the show widely expressed outrage, alleging that the cancellation was heavily affected by Tim's openly right-wing views and the show's conservative political tones. ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey, however, denied the allegation and said that it was, instead, a scheduling decision.
According to Nielsen live-plus-same day numbers, "Last Man Standing" averaged a 1.2 rating and pulled in 6.4 million total viewers in its sixth season.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik