Claire Foy in Talks for 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Sequel
Claire Foy is reportedly circling the lead role in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" sequel. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the British actress who plays Queen Elizabeth on Netflix's "The Crown" is in early talks to play Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl in the Spider's Web".
The female hacker was played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish-language movie. The character was later portrayed by Rooney Mara in the English version directed by David Fincher. Mara shared screen with Daniel Craig in the Oscar-nominated film.
The 2011 movie was based on the first of the three detective novels written by Stieg Larsson, who died in 2004. The upcoming sequel is expected to be adapted from the fourth book which was written by David Lagercrantz and released in 2015.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS