Listen to Lana Del Rey's New Song 'Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind'
Lana Del Rey wrote a "little song" last month on her way home from Coachella and shared on Instagram a short clip of her singing the dreamy song in the middle of the forest. We know now that the song is not so little anymore because its alleged studio version has been released under the title of "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" on Monday, May 15.
Fans are obviously surprised by the new music release because the song was supposed to be a way of the songstress to kill time and deal with her "complex feelings" during the music festival. Instead, Lana treats us to the full version of the dreamy track which is expected to be featured on her upcoming album "Lust for Life".
"I was at Coachella leaning on your shoulder watching your husband swinging time/ I guess I was in it because baby for a minute it was Woodstock in my mind/ I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven/ I take my time before I climb up to the top of it/ I trade the fame and the fortune in the west/ I give it all away if you give me just one day to ask him one question," Lana sings.
The song was written by Lana herself, inspired by her own conflicted mind during Coachella. The songstress admitted that she had "complex feelings" about having fun at the music festival while noticing major conflict between the U.S. and North Korea. She previously wrote on Instagram, "I'm not gonna lie- I had a complex feelings about spending the weekend dancing whilst watching tensions w North Korea mount."
"I find it's a tightrope between being vigilantly observant of everything going on on the world and also having enough space and time to appreciate God's good earth the way it was intended to be appreciated," she added.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?