Katy Perry Courted to Be Judge on 'American Idol' Reboot
Katy Perry is reportedly in talks to join the new "American Idol" on ABC. The singer is courted by the Alphabet after negotiations with Kelly Clarkson fell through due to her salary demands and she decided to be a coach on "The Voice".
According to TMZ, the "Bon Appetit" singer is interested in taking the job. She is currently readying a new album and a tour is expected to follow. If she's signed on for the "Idol" reboot, she is likely to schedule the tapings around her tour.
ABC allegedly wants Ryan Seacrest to return as a host. The network has also approached one of the original judges, Simon Cowell, to reprise his role on the revamped show, but he refused. "Last time I watched, it was not the same show, just the same name. I left for a reason and I never regretted that," he reasoned.
More American Idol News
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll