'Captain Marvel' Books Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck as Directors
The search for "Captain Marvel" director is over. According to Variety, "Mississippi Grind" helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are tapped to sit behind the lens for Marvel's first female-centric superhero movie.
The upcoming film is going to have Brie Larson as the female lead Carol Danvers. The actress was signed on to join Marvel Cinematic Universe for the coveted role fresh off her Oscar win for her role in the movie "Room".
"With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we've ever put in a movie," producer Kevin Feige said. "Her powers are off the charts, and when she's introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we've ever had."
The comic book adaptation is scheduled to arrive across United States on March 8, 2019.
More Captain Marvel News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72