'Captain Marvel' Books Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck as Directors
The search for "Captain Marvel" director is over. According to Variety, "Mississippi Grind" helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are tapped to sit behind the lens for Marvel's first female-centric superhero movie.
The upcoming film is going to have Brie Larson as the female lead Carol Danvers. The actress was signed on to join Marvel Cinematic Universe for the coveted role fresh off her Oscar win for her role in the movie "Room".
"With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we've ever put in a movie," producer Kevin Feige said. "Her powers are off the charts, and when she's introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we've ever had."
The comic book adaptation is scheduled to arrive across United States on March 8, 2019.
More Captain Marvel News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier