'Walking Dead' Showrunner Confirms That Some Characters Will Be Killed in Season 7 Finale
Showrunner of "The Walking Dead" Scott Gimple reveals what fans should expect in the current seventh season's finale. Although the finale won't be as claustrophobically brutal as the season 6 finale, fans need to embrace themselves as there will be deaths to come.
When asked about the season 7 finale, which will air next month, Gimple reveals to TVLine, "Well, there are losses." He continues adding, "As the stakes get higher and higher...things start to get more intense and heartbreaking." He also adds, "Yet everyone has to sort of band together and keep going."
Major characters of the series always meet their end on "Walking Dead" season finales, and this season's finale seemingly won't be any different than the previous ones. The show can choose victims from not only Alexandria but also the Hilltop, the Sanctuary, Oceansides, the Kingdom as well as the junkyard.
However, in more optimistic side, Gimple reveals that while some characters' deaths are certain, this season's finale won't be all about deaths and losses. "This season's finale has darkness and light," he drops a hint.
Although it will feature "real horrific moments" and "betrayal," Gimple opens up that it has "real moments of beauty, redemption, love and friendship." He says, "It's sort of the panoply of human and 'Walking Dead' experience."
"The Walking Dead", starring Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira, airs on Sundays at 9 P.M. on AMC. The finale, titled "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life", will air on April 2.
More The Walking Dead News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease