'Walking Dead' Showrunner Confirms That Some Characters Will Be Killed in Season 7 Finale
Showrunner of "The Walking Dead" Scott Gimple reveals what fans should expect in the current seventh season's finale. Although the finale won't be as claustrophobically brutal as the season 6 finale, fans need to embrace themselves as there will be deaths to come.
When asked about the season 7 finale, which will air next month, Gimple reveals to TVLine, "Well, there are losses." He continues adding, "As the stakes get higher and higher...things start to get more intense and heartbreaking." He also adds, "Yet everyone has to sort of band together and keep going."
Major characters of the series always meet their end on "Walking Dead" season finales, and this season's finale seemingly won't be any different than the previous ones. The show can choose victims from not only Alexandria but also the Hilltop, the Sanctuary, Oceansides, the Kingdom as well as the junkyard.
However, in more optimistic side, Gimple reveals that while some characters' deaths are certain, this season's finale won't be all about deaths and losses. "This season's finale has darkness and light," he drops a hint.
Although it will feature "real horrific moments" and "betrayal," Gimple opens up that it has "real moments of beauty, redemption, love and friendship." He says, "It's sort of the panoply of human and 'Walking Dead' experience."
"The Walking Dead", starring Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira, airs on Sundays at 9 P.M. on AMC. The finale, titled "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life", will air on April 2.
More The Walking Dead News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'