Joan Rivers Is 'in Critical But Stable Condition' After She Stopped Breathing During Surgery
Joan Rivers's condition has reportedly been upgraded to stable after she stopped breathing during a throat surgery. E! Online posted an update on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, August 28, "UPDATE: Joan Rivers is in critical but stable condition. Keeping her in our thoughts and prayers."
Sid Dinsay, a representative of Mt. Sinai hospital in New York, released a statement following Joan's health scare. "This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to," Sid said, "Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support. We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available."
Meanwhile, Joan's daughter Melissa Rivers said in a new statement, "I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support for my mother. She is resting comfortably and is with our family. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers."
Sources told New York Daily News that the "Fashion Police" host was put in a medically induced coma. Doctors will take her out of the coma this weekend to evaluate any damage caused following cardiac and respiratory arrest during her throat surgery. The sources said, "They don't know how long [Joan] was starved of oxygen."
Joan's assistant Graham Reed said, "[Joan]'s not conscious, but she's stable." He refused to provide any further information about the 81-year-old actress/comedienne.
Another source told the site, "[Joan] would want us all to laugh. But at the moment, we are all praying."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed