Joan Rivers Is 'in Critical But Stable Condition' After She Stopped Breathing During Surgery
Joan Rivers's condition has reportedly been upgraded to stable after she stopped breathing during a throat surgery. E! Online posted an update on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, August 28, "UPDATE: Joan Rivers is in critical but stable condition. Keeping her in our thoughts and prayers."
Sid Dinsay, a representative of Mt. Sinai hospital in New York, released a statement following Joan's health scare. "This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to," Sid said, "Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support. We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available."
Meanwhile, Joan's daughter Melissa Rivers said in a new statement, "I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support for my mother. She is resting comfortably and is with our family. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers."
Sources told New York Daily News that the "Fashion Police" host was put in a medically induced coma. Doctors will take her out of the coma this weekend to evaluate any damage caused following cardiac and respiratory arrest during her throat surgery. The sources said, "They don't know how long [Joan] was starved of oxygen."
Joan's assistant Graham Reed said, "[Joan]'s not conscious, but she's stable." He refused to provide any further information about the 81-year-old actress/comedienne.
Another source told the site, "[Joan] would want us all to laugh. But at the moment, we are all praying."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week