Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Ordered by FX
Zach Galifianakis is bringing "Baskets" to FX. The new comedy series that the funnyman writes and stars in has been picked up by the cable network, which orders a 10-episode order for a 2016 premiere. Production is expected to begin next year.
Galifianakis plays a Bakersfield man named Chip Baskets as he pursues his dream, against all odds, to be a respected clown. But after an unsuccessful enrollment at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, the only job he can find is with the local rodeo.
"To say Zach's portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement," Eric Schrierm, FX president of original programming, said in a statement. "We can't wait for the world to meet him."
Galifianakis also serves as an executive producer for the half-hour comedy, along with fellow comedian Louis C.K. who recently won Emmy for his own show "Louie" airing on the FX network as well.
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body