Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Ordered by FX
Zach Galifianakis is bringing "Baskets" to FX. The new comedy series that the funnyman writes and stars in has been picked up by the cable network, which orders a 10-episode order for a 2016 premiere. Production is expected to begin next year.
Galifianakis plays a Bakersfield man named Chip Baskets as he pursues his dream, against all odds, to be a respected clown. But after an unsuccessful enrollment at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, the only job he can find is with the local rodeo.
"To say Zach's portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement," Eric Schrierm, FX president of original programming, said in a statement. "We can't wait for the world to meet him."
Galifianakis also serves as an executive producer for the half-hour comedy, along with fellow comedian Louis C.K. who recently won Emmy for his own show "Louie" airing on the FX network as well.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie