Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Ordered by FX
Zach Galifianakis is bringing "Baskets" to FX. The new comedy series that the funnyman writes and stars in has been picked up by the cable network, which orders a 10-episode order for a 2016 premiere. Production is expected to begin next year.
Galifianakis plays a Bakersfield man named Chip Baskets as he pursues his dream, against all odds, to be a respected clown. But after an unsuccessful enrollment at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, the only job he can find is with the local rodeo.
"To say Zach's portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement," Eric Schrierm, FX president of original programming, said in a statement. "We can't wait for the world to meet him."
Galifianakis also serves as an executive producer for the half-hour comedy, along with fellow comedian Louis C.K. who recently won Emmy for his own show "Louie" airing on the FX network as well.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?