Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Ordered by FX
Zach Galifianakis is bringing "Baskets" to FX. The new comedy series that the funnyman writes and stars in has been picked up by the cable network, which orders a 10-episode order for a 2016 premiere. Production is expected to begin next year.
Galifianakis plays a Bakersfield man named Chip Baskets as he pursues his dream, against all odds, to be a respected clown. But after an unsuccessful enrollment at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, the only job he can find is with the local rodeo.
"To say Zach's portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement," Eric Schrierm, FX president of original programming, said in a statement. "We can't wait for the world to meet him."
Galifianakis also serves as an executive producer for the half-hour comedy, along with fellow comedian Louis C.K. who recently won Emmy for his own show "Louie" airing on the FX network as well.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding