Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Ordered by FX
Zach Galifianakis is bringing "Baskets" to FX. The new comedy series that the funnyman writes and stars in has been picked up by the cable network, which orders a 10-episode order for a 2016 premiere. Production is expected to begin next year.
Galifianakis plays a Bakersfield man named Chip Baskets as he pursues his dream, against all odds, to be a respected clown. But after an unsuccessful enrollment at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, the only job he can find is with the local rodeo.
"To say Zach's portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement," Eric Schrierm, FX president of original programming, said in a statement. "We can't wait for the world to meet him."
Galifianakis also serves as an executive producer for the half-hour comedy, along with fellow comedian Louis C.K. who recently won Emmy for his own show "Louie" airing on the FX network as well.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split