Kanye West: 'My Father Was a Paparazzo'
Kanye West revealed that his father used to be a paparazzo during a deposition for the lawsuit filed by a photographer named Daniel Ramos. Kanye told Daniel's attorney Nate Goldberg, "My father was a paparazzo himself."
Aside from paparazzo, Kanye said his father was also "a medical illustrator, a Black Panther, a Christian marriage counselor." Kim Kardashian's husband added that his parents didn't raise him to "be out here wrestling with random paparazzi in front of LAX."
Kanye said he respected some of the paparazzi and used to get along with them. He told Nate, "The paparazzi watch my car and makes sure that cops don't give me tickets. There are some nice guys out here trying to just feed their family."
The "On Sight" rapper insisted that he did not assault Daniel. Kanye explained that he "tried to stop [Daniel's] camera and stuff, he fell down, faked it and everyone was saying 'Why did you hit this guy?' I didn't hit him."
Kanye pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge related to the incident. He was sentenced to two years probation, ordered to attend 24 anger management therapy sessions and perform 250 hours of community service.
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2