Katherine Heigl Dismisses Lawsuit Against Drugstore Chain
Katherine Heigl has voluntarily dropped her lawsuit against drugstore chain Duane Reade. An attorney for the "Grey's Anatomy" alum confirmed on Wednesday, August 27 that the "State of Affairs" actress and the drugstore had resolved the problem. The lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, which means that she cannot re-file it in the future.
"Katherine Heigl and Duane Reade have worked out a mutually beneficial agreement. Ms. Heigl has voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit, and Duane Reade has made a contribution to benefit the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation," Heigl's attorney said, refusing to share more details. "The parties have agreed to keep the terms of the agreement confidential."
Heigl launched the lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court in April after noticing that Duane Reade posted a paparazzi photo of her carrying two Duane Rade bags on its Twitter and Facebook accounts. "Love a quick #DuaneReade run? Even @KatieHeigl can't resist shopping #NYC's favorite drugstore," read the caption.
"Use of plaintiff's image under these circumstances improperly exploited plaintiff's name and likeness, as a celebrity, for defendant's commercial advertising and purposes of trade, without authorization," read the lawsuit. Heigl asked $6 million in damages.
More Katherine Heigl News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'