Katherine Heigl Dismisses Lawsuit Against Drugstore Chain
Katherine Heigl has voluntarily dropped her lawsuit against drugstore chain Duane Reade. An attorney for the "Grey's Anatomy" alum confirmed on Wednesday, August 27 that the "State of Affairs" actress and the drugstore had resolved the problem. The lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, which means that she cannot re-file it in the future.
"Katherine Heigl and Duane Reade have worked out a mutually beneficial agreement. Ms. Heigl has voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit, and Duane Reade has made a contribution to benefit the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation," Heigl's attorney said, refusing to share more details. "The parties have agreed to keep the terms of the agreement confidential."
Heigl launched the lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court in April after noticing that Duane Reade posted a paparazzi photo of her carrying two Duane Rade bags on its Twitter and Facebook accounts. "Love a quick #DuaneReade run? Even @KatieHeigl can't resist shopping #NYC's favorite drugstore," read the caption.
"Use of plaintiff's image under these circumstances improperly exploited plaintiff's name and likeness, as a celebrity, for defendant's commercial advertising and purposes of trade, without authorization," read the lawsuit. Heigl asked $6 million in damages.
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards