Katherine Heigl Dismisses Lawsuit Against Drugstore Chain
Katherine Heigl has voluntarily dropped her lawsuit against drugstore chain Duane Reade. An attorney for the "Grey's Anatomy" alum confirmed on Wednesday, August 27 that the "State of Affairs" actress and the drugstore had resolved the problem. The lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, which means that she cannot re-file it in the future.
"Katherine Heigl and Duane Reade have worked out a mutually beneficial agreement. Ms. Heigl has voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit, and Duane Reade has made a contribution to benefit the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation," Heigl's attorney said, refusing to share more details. "The parties have agreed to keep the terms of the agreement confidential."
Heigl launched the lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court in April after noticing that Duane Reade posted a paparazzi photo of her carrying two Duane Rade bags on its Twitter and Facebook accounts. "Love a quick #DuaneReade run? Even @KatieHeigl can't resist shopping #NYC's favorite drugstore," read the caption.
"Use of plaintiff's image under these circumstances improperly exploited plaintiff's name and likeness, as a celebrity, for defendant's commercial advertising and purposes of trade, without authorization," read the lawsuit. Heigl asked $6 million in damages.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'