Kings of Leon Cancels Two More Concerts as Drummer Needs More Time to Recover
Kings of Leon has decided to call off two more concerts on their "Mechanical Bull" tour. The band made the announcement in a statement issued on Tuesday, August 26, saying that drummer Nathan Followill who got injured in an accident earlier this month has been ordered by a doctor to "remain on rest for one more week."
"After further evaluation, a doctor has ordered drummer Nathan Followill to remain on rest for one more week," the statement read. "The drummer has been on strict doctor's orders to rest over the past two weeks in order to recover from an injury sustained in a tour bus accident earlier this month."
Followill has also expressed his disappointment over the cancellations on Twitter. "I'm so bummed 2 have 2 cancel more shows but I need to be fully recovered before I get back. So sorry to the fans & thanks 4 understanding," he wrote.
Followill broke his ribs when Kings of Leon's tour bus got involved in the accident occurring after their show in Boston. The band subsequently canceled several tour dates in order to give the drummer time to recover.
After a two-week break, the group was supposed to continue their tour on August 28 at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey. The gig, along with another show scheduled for August 29 at the First Niagara Pavilion in Pittsburgh, has now been axed. Refunds are available at point of purchase.
The rockers, however, are still expected to play the Budweiser Made in America Festival in Philadelphia on August 31.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!