Chris Hemsworth and Charlie Day in Talks to Join Ed Helms in 'Vacation'
New Line's reboot of classic 1980s comedy "Vacation" may star Chris Hemsworth and Charlie Day. Both actors are in negotiations to star opposite Ed Helms who has signed on for the role of Rusty Griswold.
The movie follows Rusty, the now grown-up son of Clark and Ellen Griswold who goes on a road trip similar to the one he took with his parents and sister when he was young. Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, who played the parents in the original 1983 movie, are slated to make cameos.
Christina Applegate has been cast as Rusty's wife. Hemsworth is to play Stone Crandall, an up-and-coming anchorman and the husband of Rusty's sister Audrey. The sister role is yet to be filled by an actress. Meanwhile, Day will make a cameo as a river-rafting guide.
John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein wrote the script and will direct. Filming is scheduled to start in September after being delayed due to creative differences.
This would be Hemsworth's first as lead in a comedy. He has previously been known to step into serious roles in "Thor" and "Snow White and the Huntsman" among others. However, THR reported that the Australian actor had been itching to do a comedy for awhile.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers