MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Beyonce Honored With Vanguard Award as Full Winners Are Revealed
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, which aired from the Forum in Inglewood, California, has just been wrapped up. As previously announced, Beyonce Knowles was a big winner at the event as she was honored with the coveted Video Vanguard Award.
"To the greatest living entertainer," husband Jay-Z, who carried their daughter Blue Ivy, said onstage while handing the award to his beloved wife. Looking emotional, Bey said, "I just thank God for this moment," before thanking her husband as well as her fans. "Blue Blue, I love you," she added.
Beyonce officially joins previous recipients of the award, which has so far included Madonna, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. Wrapping her figure in a Tom Ford custom bodysuit, the 32-year-old diva also rocked the arena with a lengthy medley of songs from her latest album.
The former Destiny's Child member wasn't the only big winner at the annual awards show. Miley Cyrus took home the Video of the Year award for her "Wrecking Ball", edging out fellow nominees including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", Beyonce and Jay-Z's "Drunk in Love" and Iggy Azalea's "Fancy".
Other VMA winners this year include Katy Perry (Best Female Video for "Dark Horse" ft. Juicy J), Ed Sheeran (Best Male Video for "Sing"), Ariana Grande (Best Pop Video for "Problem" ft. Azalea), Lorde (Best Rock for "Royals") and Drake (Best Hip-Hop for "Hold On (We're Going Home)" ft. Majid Jordan).
- Best Female Video: Katy Perry ft. Juicy J - "Dark Horse"
- Best Male Video: Ed Sheeran - "Sing"
- Best Hip-Hop Video: Drake and Majid Jordan - "Hold On (We're Going Home)"
- Best Pop Video: Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea - "Problem"
- Best Rock Video: Lorde - "Royals"
- Video of the Year: Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball"
- Best Lyric Video: 5 Seconds of Summer - "Amnesia"
- Best Editing: Lady GaGa - "Bad Romance"
- MTV Artist to Watch: Fifth Harmony - "Miss Movin' On"
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed