First Day of 'The Simpsons' Marathon Breaks Ratings Records for FXX
"The Simpsons" boosted FXX ratings on day 1 of the long marathon. In its first 24 hours, the 12-day "Every Simpsons Ever" marathon delivered an average of 1.01 million viewers, almost four times of the network's regular viewership.
In the adults 18-49 demo, the special program averaged 623,000 viewers, a 461% surge for a typical primetime showing. It marks the most-watched day in the young network's history and ranks 18 of the top 30 highest-rated telecasts in the Nascent Channel's history.
"We knew that 'The Simpsons' could be transformative for FXX and its performance yesterday truly exceeded our wildest expectations," Chuck Saftler, President, Program Strategy and COO, FX Networks, comments on the impressive feat.
He adds, "It is a testament to the power of one of the greatest shows in television history and the genius of Jim Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean and everyone associated with the show. Their support of our launch has been invaluable. We're off to a great start, we still have 11 days of binging left in our record-breaking marathon, and many years of 'The Simpsons' to come on FXX. WOO HOO!"
FXX acquired cable, VOD and non-linear rights to "The Simpsons" reruns in November 2013. The longest-running comedy series will kick off its 26th season on September 28 on FOX.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?