Three Longtime Stars Leaving 'MythBusters' as 'the Show Is Taking a New Direction'
Three MythBusters are exiting the series. Longtime investigators Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara announced at the end of the Thursday, August 21 episode that they're parting ways with the hit Discovery Channel series.
"Kari, Tory and Grant have been an incredibly important part of 'MythBusters' for over a decade," the network said in a statement. "From explosions to car crashes to even more explosions, this trio has helped shape 'MythBusters' into the Emmy-nominated series it is today. Everyone at Discovery wants to thank them for their tireless work busting almost 1,000 myths, and we wish them all the best on their future endeavors."
The trio also took to Twitter to address their departures. "It's been an amazing ride for 10 years! We couldn't have done it without you guys. You're the best fans anyone could wish for. Thank you," Tory wrote.
Kari tweeted, "After a decade of the Mythbusters, we are no longer with the show. Thank you to all the fans who have supported us," before adding, "The show is taking a new direction. It was an amazing run. I learned so much about myself and the world. I love you all @MythBusters. I am sad for an ending but there will be exciting new adventures for us."
Grant posted on his own account, "Thanks @MythBusters for allowing us to teach science in a whole new way. Also, explosions. Now, on to the next adventure!" Adam Savage, one of the original members of the show, tweeted, "@KariByron, @grantimahara & @ToryBelleci, it's been a pleasure to not only work with you but call you our friends."
Kari and Tori joined the science documentary program in the second season (2004) as a second team of "MythBusters" with Scottie Chapman, who quit in the third season. Following Scottie's exit, Grant was added to the team in 2005.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed