Akiva Goldsman in Talks to Write 'The Ring 3'
Akiva Goldsman is eyed to write "The Ring 3" script. According to Deadline, the Oscar winner is in negotiations to polish the script first penned by David Loucka. The recent draft which convinced Paramount to greenlight the pic is written by Jacob Aaron Estes ("Mean Creek").
Other details about the upcoming third entry of the horror franchise are still scarce, but back in 2010 the studio was eying to make a 3D threequel. F. Javier Gutierrez who is attached to helm "The Crow" remake is tapped to serve behind the lens for the long-gestating project.
Based on the novel of the same name by Koji Suzuku, "The Ring" was directed by Gore Verbinski in 2002. The scary movie about vengeful spirit girl Samara raked in nearly $250 million worldwide. "The Ring 2" was made three years later with Hideo Nakata, the director of the original Japanese film, at the helm. It earned less than the first movie, but still got a respectable $161 million worldwide. Both films starred Naomi Watts.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises