Akiva Goldsman in Talks to Write 'The Ring 3'
Akiva Goldsman is eyed to write "The Ring 3" script. According to Deadline, the Oscar winner is in negotiations to polish the script first penned by David Loucka. The recent draft which convinced Paramount to greenlight the pic is written by Jacob Aaron Estes ("Mean Creek").
Other details about the upcoming third entry of the horror franchise are still scarce, but back in 2010 the studio was eying to make a 3D threequel. F. Javier Gutierrez who is attached to helm "The Crow" remake is tapped to serve behind the lens for the long-gestating project.
Based on the novel of the same name by Koji Suzuku, "The Ring" was directed by Gore Verbinski in 2002. The scary movie about vengeful spirit girl Samara raked in nearly $250 million worldwide. "The Ring 2" was made three years later with Hideo Nakata, the director of the original Japanese film, at the helm. It earned less than the first movie, but still got a respectable $161 million worldwide. Both films starred Naomi Watts.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger