Akiva Goldsman in Talks to Write 'The Ring 3'
Akiva Goldsman is eyed to write "The Ring 3" script. According to Deadline, the Oscar winner is in negotiations to polish the script first penned by David Loucka. The recent draft which convinced Paramount to greenlight the pic is written by Jacob Aaron Estes ("Mean Creek").
Other details about the upcoming third entry of the horror franchise are still scarce, but back in 2010 the studio was eying to make a 3D threequel. F. Javier Gutierrez who is attached to helm "The Crow" remake is tapped to serve behind the lens for the long-gestating project.
Based on the novel of the same name by Koji Suzuku, "The Ring" was directed by Gore Verbinski in 2002. The scary movie about vengeful spirit girl Samara raked in nearly $250 million worldwide. "The Ring 2" was made three years later with Hideo Nakata, the director of the original Japanese film, at the helm. It earned less than the first movie, but still got a respectable $161 million worldwide. Both films starred Naomi Watts.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video