Akiva Goldsman in Talks to Write 'The Ring 3'
Akiva Goldsman is eyed to write "The Ring 3" script. According to Deadline, the Oscar winner is in negotiations to polish the script first penned by David Loucka. The recent draft which convinced Paramount to greenlight the pic is written by Jacob Aaron Estes ("Mean Creek").
Other details about the upcoming third entry of the horror franchise are still scarce, but back in 2010 the studio was eying to make a 3D threequel. F. Javier Gutierrez who is attached to helm "The Crow" remake is tapped to serve behind the lens for the long-gestating project.
Based on the novel of the same name by Koji Suzuku, "The Ring" was directed by Gore Verbinski in 2002. The scary movie about vengeful spirit girl Samara raked in nearly $250 million worldwide. "The Ring 2" was made three years later with Hideo Nakata, the director of the original Japanese film, at the helm. It earned less than the first movie, but still got a respectable $161 million worldwide. Both films starred Naomi Watts.
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach