Ray J Pleads Not Guilty to Groping and Other Charges
R&B singer Ray J has pleaded not guilty to several charges following his arrest at a luxury hotel in May. On Tuesday, August 19, Ray entered the plea on misdemeanor charges of sexual battery, vandalism, battery on a police officer and resisting a peace officer. His next court appearance is scheduled for August 28.
Ray, whose real name is William Ray Norwood Jr., was arrested at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 30. Back then, he reportedly brushed up against a woman's backside when they were at a bar. Police initially let him go after deciding that the incident was accidental.
He later allegedly made scenes, getting involved in an argument with a staffer and spitting at an officer. Police further said that Ray kicked the window of the police car during the arrest, shattering the glass. Ray explained that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
In other news, Ray who is also the brother of singer/actress Brandy Norwood would appear on "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" alongside Soulja Boy among other stars, VH1 announced on Monday. The show airs on September 15.
More Ray J News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test