Ray J Pleads Not Guilty to Groping and Other Charges
R&B singer Ray J has pleaded not guilty to several charges following his arrest at a luxury hotel in May. On Tuesday, August 19, Ray entered the plea on misdemeanor charges of sexual battery, vandalism, battery on a police officer and resisting a peace officer. His next court appearance is scheduled for August 28.
Ray, whose real name is William Ray Norwood Jr., was arrested at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 30. Back then, he reportedly brushed up against a woman's backside when they were at a bar. Police initially let him go after deciding that the incident was accidental.
He later allegedly made scenes, getting involved in an argument with a staffer and spitting at an officer. Police further said that Ray kicked the window of the police car during the arrest, shattering the glass. Ray explained that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
In other news, Ray who is also the brother of singer/actress Brandy Norwood would appear on "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" alongside Soulja Boy among other stars, VH1 announced on Monday. The show airs on September 15.
More Ray J News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season