Ray J Pleads Not Guilty to Groping and Other Charges
R&B singer Ray J has pleaded not guilty to several charges following his arrest at a luxury hotel in May. On Tuesday, August 19, Ray entered the plea on misdemeanor charges of sexual battery, vandalism, battery on a police officer and resisting a peace officer. His next court appearance is scheduled for August 28.
Ray, whose real name is William Ray Norwood Jr., was arrested at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 30. Back then, he reportedly brushed up against a woman's backside when they were at a bar. Police initially let him go after deciding that the incident was accidental.
He later allegedly made scenes, getting involved in an argument with a staffer and spitting at an officer. Police further said that Ray kicked the window of the police car during the arrest, shattering the glass. Ray explained that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
In other news, Ray who is also the brother of singer/actress Brandy Norwood would appear on "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" alongside Soulja Boy among other stars, VH1 announced on Monday. The show airs on September 15.
More Ray J News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO