Ray J Pleads Not Guilty to Groping and Other Charges
R&B singer Ray J has pleaded not guilty to several charges following his arrest at a luxury hotel in May. On Tuesday, August 19, Ray entered the plea on misdemeanor charges of sexual battery, vandalism, battery on a police officer and resisting a peace officer. His next court appearance is scheduled for August 28.
Ray, whose real name is William Ray Norwood Jr., was arrested at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 30. Back then, he reportedly brushed up against a woman's backside when they were at a bar. Police initially let him go after deciding that the incident was accidental.
He later allegedly made scenes, getting involved in an argument with a staffer and spitting at an officer. Police further said that Ray kicked the window of the police car during the arrest, shattering the glass. Ray explained that he kicked the window because he was claustrophobic.
In other news, Ray who is also the brother of singer/actress Brandy Norwood would appear on "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" alongside Soulja Boy among other stars, VH1 announced on Monday. The show airs on September 15.
More Ray J News
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper