PlayStation's 'Powers' Finds Its Christian Walker and Retro Girl
PlayStation Network's adaptation of Image/Icon comic's "Powers" has cast its two key roles. Sharlto Copley ("District 9") and Michelle Forbes ("The Killing") are tapped to play Christian Walker and Retro Girl respectively.
The project from Sony Pictures Television centers on Walker and Deena Pilgrim (Susan Heyward), who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. Walker is described as "dapper and charismatic" with "the dissolute air of a faded rock star and the body of a battered heavyweight. Once possessed of super-powers, Walker lost his powers in a battle with a super-human mass killer. A faded hero, he's now a detective who works with law enforcement, using his singular expertise to investigate crimes in the Powers community."
Fan favorite Retro Girl, meanwhile, has a "cool, hard exterior with a fire right below the surface. Retro Girl is the undisputed super star of the Powers community. An icon of justice, selflessness, and business acumen. Her willingness to put herself at risk for the good of others is matched only by her ability to manage her globe-spanning personal brand."
The roles of Walker and Retro Girl were previously tackled by Jason Patric and Carly Foulkes in the FX pilot, which never saw the light of the day.
Other stars cast on the show, which marks PlayStation's first original series, include Eddie Izzard, Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, Max Fowler and Adam Godley. Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the comic book creators, will serve as executive producers along with Charlie Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon. Huston also writes the script, while Dinner is on board as director.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert