PlayStation's 'Powers' Finds Its Christian Walker and Retro Girl
PlayStation Network's adaptation of Image/Icon comic's "Powers" has cast its two key roles. Sharlto Copley ("District 9") and Michelle Forbes ("The Killing") are tapped to play Christian Walker and Retro Girl respectively.
The project from Sony Pictures Television centers on Walker and Deena Pilgrim (Susan Heyward), who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. Walker is described as "dapper and charismatic" with "the dissolute air of a faded rock star and the body of a battered heavyweight. Once possessed of super-powers, Walker lost his powers in a battle with a super-human mass killer. A faded hero, he's now a detective who works with law enforcement, using his singular expertise to investigate crimes in the Powers community."
Fan favorite Retro Girl, meanwhile, has a "cool, hard exterior with a fire right below the surface. Retro Girl is the undisputed super star of the Powers community. An icon of justice, selflessness, and business acumen. Her willingness to put herself at risk for the good of others is matched only by her ability to manage her globe-spanning personal brand."
The roles of Walker and Retro Girl were previously tackled by Jason Patric and Carly Foulkes in the FX pilot, which never saw the light of the day.
Other stars cast on the show, which marks PlayStation's first original series, include Eddie Izzard, Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, Max Fowler and Adam Godley. Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the comic book creators, will serve as executive producers along with Charlie Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon. Huston also writes the script, while Dinner is on board as director.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik