PlayStation's 'Powers' Finds Its Christian Walker and Retro Girl
PlayStation Network's adaptation of Image/Icon comic's "Powers" has cast its two key roles. Sharlto Copley ("District 9") and Michelle Forbes ("The Killing") are tapped to play Christian Walker and Retro Girl respectively.
The project from Sony Pictures Television centers on Walker and Deena Pilgrim (Susan Heyward), who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. Walker is described as "dapper and charismatic" with "the dissolute air of a faded rock star and the body of a battered heavyweight. Once possessed of super-powers, Walker lost his powers in a battle with a super-human mass killer. A faded hero, he's now a detective who works with law enforcement, using his singular expertise to investigate crimes in the Powers community."
Fan favorite Retro Girl, meanwhile, has a "cool, hard exterior with a fire right below the surface. Retro Girl is the undisputed super star of the Powers community. An icon of justice, selflessness, and business acumen. Her willingness to put herself at risk for the good of others is matched only by her ability to manage her globe-spanning personal brand."
The roles of Walker and Retro Girl were previously tackled by Jason Patric and Carly Foulkes in the FX pilot, which never saw the light of the day.
Other stars cast on the show, which marks PlayStation's first original series, include Eddie Izzard, Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, Max Fowler and Adam Godley. Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the comic book creators, will serve as executive producers along with Charlie Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon. Huston also writes the script, while Dinner is on board as director.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent