Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' Character in New Documentary
Ricky Gervais' "The Office" character David Brent will once again appear on screen in a movie produced by BBC Films. "Life on the Road" takes place 15 years after the hit TV series, finding Brent as a traveling salesman who goes on a self-funded tour in the United Kingdom with a documentary crew in tow.
"We find out what Brent is doing now and what's happened in the last 15 years since his redundancy from his beloved Wernham Hogg," BBC Films said in a press release. "He's a sales rep now, selling cleaning products up and down the country, but has never really give up on his dream of being a rock star."
BBC Films added, "He thinks it'll be like [Martin] Scorsese filming the Rolling Stones, but it turns out to be a 'Where are they now?' documentary. He has to take a few weeks off work and cash in a couple of pensions, because the session musicians in the band are costing him more than he's getting in ticket sales. Tragic."
It is yet clear whether "Life on the Road" will go to theaters or just become a TV movie. Gervais wanted to make sure that people won't be calling it a spin-off to "The Office". He tweeted, "Just to be clear, I am not making an 'Office' movie. I'm doing a documentary film about David Brent trying to be rock star. Just Sayin :)"
Production will start in the U.K. next year and the movie will be distributed worldwide.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free