Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' Character in New Documentary
Ricky Gervais' "The Office" character David Brent will once again appear on screen in a movie produced by BBC Films. "Life on the Road" takes place 15 years after the hit TV series, finding Brent as a traveling salesman who goes on a self-funded tour in the United Kingdom with a documentary crew in tow.
"We find out what Brent is doing now and what's happened in the last 15 years since his redundancy from his beloved Wernham Hogg," BBC Films said in a press release. "He's a sales rep now, selling cleaning products up and down the country, but has never really give up on his dream of being a rock star."
BBC Films added, "He thinks it'll be like [Martin] Scorsese filming the Rolling Stones, but it turns out to be a 'Where are they now?' documentary. He has to take a few weeks off work and cash in a couple of pensions, because the session musicians in the band are costing him more than he's getting in ticket sales. Tragic."
It is yet clear whether "Life on the Road" will go to theaters or just become a TV movie. Gervais wanted to make sure that people won't be calling it a spin-off to "The Office". He tweeted, "Just to be clear, I am not making an 'Office' movie. I'm doing a documentary film about David Brent trying to be rock star. Just Sayin :)"
Production will start in the U.K. next year and the movie will be distributed worldwide.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart