Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' Character in New Documentary
Ricky Gervais' "The Office" character David Brent will once again appear on screen in a movie produced by BBC Films. "Life on the Road" takes place 15 years after the hit TV series, finding Brent as a traveling salesman who goes on a self-funded tour in the United Kingdom with a documentary crew in tow.
"We find out what Brent is doing now and what's happened in the last 15 years since his redundancy from his beloved Wernham Hogg," BBC Films said in a press release. "He's a sales rep now, selling cleaning products up and down the country, but has never really give up on his dream of being a rock star."
BBC Films added, "He thinks it'll be like [Martin] Scorsese filming the Rolling Stones, but it turns out to be a 'Where are they now?' documentary. He has to take a few weeks off work and cash in a couple of pensions, because the session musicians in the band are costing him more than he's getting in ticket sales. Tragic."
It is yet clear whether "Life on the Road" will go to theaters or just become a TV movie. Gervais wanted to make sure that people won't be calling it a spin-off to "The Office". He tweeted, "Just to be clear, I am not making an 'Office' movie. I'm doing a documentary film about David Brent trying to be rock star. Just Sayin :)"
Production will start in the U.K. next year and the movie will be distributed worldwide.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner