Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' Character in New Documentary
Ricky Gervais' "The Office" character David Brent will once again appear on screen in a movie produced by BBC Films. "Life on the Road" takes place 15 years after the hit TV series, finding Brent as a traveling salesman who goes on a self-funded tour in the United Kingdom with a documentary crew in tow.
"We find out what Brent is doing now and what's happened in the last 15 years since his redundancy from his beloved Wernham Hogg," BBC Films said in a press release. "He's a sales rep now, selling cleaning products up and down the country, but has never really give up on his dream of being a rock star."
BBC Films added, "He thinks it'll be like [Martin] Scorsese filming the Rolling Stones, but it turns out to be a 'Where are they now?' documentary. He has to take a few weeks off work and cash in a couple of pensions, because the session musicians in the band are costing him more than he's getting in ticket sales. Tragic."
It is yet clear whether "Life on the Road" will go to theaters or just become a TV movie. Gervais wanted to make sure that people won't be calling it a spin-off to "The Office". He tweeted, "Just to be clear, I am not making an 'Office' movie. I'm doing a documentary film about David Brent trying to be rock star. Just Sayin :)"
Production will start in the U.K. next year and the movie will be distributed worldwide.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special