Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem Write Open Letter Condemning Israel's Actions as 'Genocide'
Some celebrities have voiced their opinion over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Penelope Cruz, her husband, Javier Bardem, and Spanish movie director Pedro Almodovar were among some Spanish stars who described Israel's actions against Palestinians in Gaza as "genocide."
Penelope, Javier, Pedro and other Spanish actors, directors and writers wrote an open letter to Spanish-language news wire Europa Press, "Gaza is living through horror these days, besieged and attacked by land, sea and air. Palestinians' homes are being destroyed, they are being denied water, electricity (and) free movement to their hospitals, schools and fields while the international community does nothing."
The group urged Israel to "lift the blockade, which the Gaza Strip has suffered for more than a decade." They also asked the country to "open border crossings to facilitate the mobility of the population, the entry of medical equipment, medicines and food."
Last week, Javier wrote a similar letter by himself for El Diario, "I am disgusted, embarrassed and hurt by so much injustice and murder. (The attacks are) difficult to understand and impossible to justify. These children are our children."
Meanwhile, Madonna expressed her opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict via Facebook on July 23. She posted a picture of flower arrangements and captioned it with, "These flowers are like the innocent children of Gaza! Who has a right to destroy them? No one!!! Cease fire! #peaceinthemiddleeast."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson