Ariana Grande Reveals She Fell 'Out of Touch' With Her Father
Ariana Grande opens up about her relationship with her father in an interview with Seventeen magazine for its September issue. She also reveals how she overcomes her insecurities and how to deal with haters.
When asked about the hardest thing she's ever had to deal with, Ariana replies, "Falling out of touch with my dad. It's private, but it happened last year. It took me so long to be okay with it. The thing that got me there was embracing the fact that that I am made up of half my dad, and a lot of my traits come from him. So much of me comes from my father, and for so long, I didn't like that about myself. I had to accept that it's okay not to get along with somebody and still love them."
The former "Sam & Cat" star tells the magazine about how she can overcome her insecurities, "Everybody has certain things that make them feel insecure. Even when you overcome a huge battle in your life and you make a ton of progress as a person, there are still things that will upset you and break your heart. But I feel like I'm at a point in my life where love is the most important thing, and I won't let anything come before it."
As a successful singer, Ariana still learns how to deal with haters. She claims, "It's tough to spend some of the most important years of your life in front of so many strangers who want to pick you apart. Insecurity has been the hardest thing I've had to overcome. I think everyone my age struggles with that because everyone strives for approval and wants to feel loved."
Talking about the biggest lesson she has learned in the past few years, the "Problem" singer says, "Being okay with not having the answers to everything. I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm really okay. I used to freak out about everything all the time. I used to be like, 'Oh my God, somebody said this!' Everything used to be such a big deal! But now, I feel I can handle everything that comes my way with a calm energy."
More Ariana Grande News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch