Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Pokes Fun at Damon and Bonnie's Uncertain Fate
"The Vampire Diaries" plays with the fate of Damon and Bonnie which is left up in the air following the season 5 finale. At the show's Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 27, The CW shared a hilarious video which sees Ian Somerhalder and Katerina Graham questioning their future on the show.
The 6-minute clip opens with Damon and Bonnie holding hands as they're "giving into the white light of oblivion." But the light suddenly turns off and the two actors find themselves abandoned on the set. They then begin speculating about their fate, refusing to believe that their characters are written off the show.
Confident that their co-stars love them, they then ponder whether they're granted a new spin-off. But when former co-star Joseph Morgan, who now headlines spin-off series "The Originals", shows disapproval of the possibility of Damon and Bonnie getting their own show, Somerhalder and Graham beg for fans' support to save them.
During the Q&A session, executive producer Julie Plec revealed there would be a four month time jump between the season 5 finale and the sixth season premiere. "Enough time to make big changes in their life and move forward," she said. "Some are better at it than others."
Of the aftermath of the events in the season ender, Plec said, "The Other Side being obliterated, everyone who's ever died before can never come back. But we were able to bring a couple of them back."
Nina Dobrev said her character Elena's "definitely not in a happy place [with Damon gone]. Although she has an interesting and strange way of dealing with her grief," while Plec didn't think that this would lead to a Stefan and Elena reunion. "Right now the love between Damon and Elena is so strong," she explained, "And the friendship between Stefan and Elena has grown strong."
To E! News, Plec further teased Damon and Bonnie's fate, "You'll see enough of them to make you happy and more as it goes along. They are by no means going to be off the air for six episodes. The mystery is where are they, what happened, are they dead, not dead, and what the hell are they going to do together, those two of all people?"
"The Vampire Diaries" returns with the new season Thursday, October 2 at 8 P.M. on The CW.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage