First Look at The Thing From 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Leaks
What appears to be the first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's "The Fantastic Four" is revealed. Courtesy of Justified Films, the picture of Ben Grimm's rock-like transformed body is taken from a green-screen room where the superhero reboot seems to be filmed.
The film is due on June 19, 2015 in the U.S. Miles Teller is cast as Reed Richards or the rubber man, Jamie Bell as The Thing, Kate Mara as Susan Storm or Invisible Woman, Michael B. Jordan as Sue's brother Johnny Storm or Human Torch, and Toby Kebbell as the villainous Doctor Doom.
The official plot is still kept under tight wraps, but Simon Kinberg who writes the remake once said it would focus on "coming of age" and origin stories. "We're definitely telling a younger story that the original films did," he revealed to Den of Geek.
"They're older than high school, but they're not quite grown into the world. If anything, this is a coming of age story. It depends on what books you look at. There are some, like the Ultimate books, that tell this story. So it is an origin story of the Fantastic Four, and it does follow them before they really know what a superhero is," he added.
The film is expected to be followed by a sequel, "The Fantastic Four 2", slated for July 14, 2017 release in the United States.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says