Joseph Morgan Marries 'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Persia White
After two brief months of engagement, Joseph Morgan and Persia White announced that they got married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on July 5. The star of "The Originals" married his former co-star in a private ceremony attended by 26 family members and friends.
Persia told PEOPLE that the wedding "had a very rustic feel to it." She said, "There was nothing about it that was overwhelming or very huge or fabulous in that way. We tried to keep everything really intimate and beautiful and sort of going along with nature."
The couple, who met on the set of "The Vampire Diaries", tied the knot in a private villa by the sea near the spot they got engaged. "I think one of the reasons we picked it was because we love the ocean and we both grew up by the sea," White said, "to be by the sea was wonderful. And the people of Jamaica are just wonderful."
For the nuptials, the bride wore a stunning Vera Wang gown while the groom sported a white silk tux with black lapels by designer Miguel Wilson. "And then I had a bow tie. In fact, the bow tie was the first bow tie I've ever tied myself, "Joseph said, "so I was quite proud of that."
Joseph's best man was his best friend of almost 20 years, Matt Ryan, who played John Constantine on the NBC show "Constantine". "We've been friends since we were teenagers," he said.
The newlyweds danced to Florence and the Machine's "Never Let Me Go" at the reception. However, their favorite moment was when six local drummers called "Children of the Drums" performed and everybody danced along. "They got everybody up on the dance floor. At one point, all of our guests were on the dance floor, which is an achievement, I think," Joseph said.
During their honeymoon, the two partook in "favorite local pastime- cliffjumping." Joseph said, "That was what was more daunting than anything else. And we did it together, so we're pretty proud of that."
The newlyweds are eager to start a family with "little cute mini Josephs" soon.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna