Actress Shannon Richardson Gets 18 Years in Jail for Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Actress Shannon Richardson, who landed minor roles on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", will have to spend her time in prison. As reported by The Associated Press, a judge in federal court in Texarkana, Texas, sentenced her to 18 years in jail on Wednesday, July 16. She was also ordered to pay restitution.
Richardson pleaded guilty to a federal charge of possessing and producing a biological toxin in December as a part of the plea deal. She admitted that she sent ricin-laced letters to President Obama and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in May 2013.
According to the court documents, Richardson ordered castor beans online and processed them into substance to make ricin. "After he left the house, I printed the mailing labels for President Barack Obama, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Mark Glaze with The Raben Group," the plea agreement read, referring to her husband. She previously lied to the authorities that her husband was the one who sent the letters.
The letters contained her strong objection to gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns. Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die," she wrote to Bloomberg. She wrote similar-sounding letter to Obama, "What's in this letter is nothing compared to what ive got in store for you mr president."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival