Actress Shannon Richardson Gets 18 Years in Jail for Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Actress Shannon Richardson, who landed minor roles on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", will have to spend her time in prison. As reported by The Associated Press, a judge in federal court in Texarkana, Texas, sentenced her to 18 years in jail on Wednesday, July 16. She was also ordered to pay restitution.
Richardson pleaded guilty to a federal charge of possessing and producing a biological toxin in December as a part of the plea deal. She admitted that she sent ricin-laced letters to President Obama and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in May 2013.
According to the court documents, Richardson ordered castor beans online and processed them into substance to make ricin. "After he left the house, I printed the mailing labels for President Barack Obama, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Mark Glaze with The Raben Group," the plea agreement read, referring to her husband. She previously lied to the authorities that her husband was the one who sent the letters.
The letters contained her strong objection to gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns. Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die," she wrote to Bloomberg. She wrote similar-sounding letter to Obama, "What's in this letter is nothing compared to what ive got in store for you mr president."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'