Christopher Walken to Play Captain Hook in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live' Musical
NBC has found its Captain Hook for the upcoming live musical production of Peter Pan. Oscar-winning actor Christopher Walken, 71, was officially announced on Sunday, July 13 at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour to play the infamous pirate in "Peter Pan Live".
"He's one of the most unique actors in our business....and he might really just be a song and dance man at heart," NBC president Bob Greenblatt said. "He's fearless as a comedic actor and we guarantee he will bring his own take to Captain Hook. This might be the first tap-dancing Captain Hook you've ever seen."
"I started my career in musicals," Walken himself said in a press release, "and it's wonderful after all this time, at this point in my career, to be in this classic musical I watched as a child and to work with Neil Meron and Craig Zadan again after 'Hairspray'. It's a chance to put on my tap shoes again."
Greenblatt once said he wanted Miley Cyrus to portray Peter Pan, but no other cast members were announced. "We're still in the casting process," he said.
"Peter Pan Live" will air December 4. It follows the network's successful live stage adaptation of "The Sound of Music" earlier this year. It starred "American Idol" alum Carrie Underwood and "True Blood" star Stephen Moyer.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'