Christopher Walken to Play Captain Hook in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live' Musical
NBC has found its Captain Hook for the upcoming live musical production of Peter Pan. Oscar-winning actor Christopher Walken, 71, was officially announced on Sunday, July 13 at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour to play the infamous pirate in "Peter Pan Live".
"He's one of the most unique actors in our business....and he might really just be a song and dance man at heart," NBC president Bob Greenblatt said. "He's fearless as a comedic actor and we guarantee he will bring his own take to Captain Hook. This might be the first tap-dancing Captain Hook you've ever seen."
"I started my career in musicals," Walken himself said in a press release, "and it's wonderful after all this time, at this point in my career, to be in this classic musical I watched as a child and to work with Neil Meron and Craig Zadan again after 'Hairspray'. It's a chance to put on my tap shoes again."
Greenblatt once said he wanted Miley Cyrus to portray Peter Pan, but no other cast members were announced. "We're still in the casting process," he said.
"Peter Pan Live" will air December 4. It follows the network's successful live stage adaptation of "The Sound of Music" earlier this year. It starred "American Idol" alum Carrie Underwood and "True Blood" star Stephen Moyer.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked