'Better Call Saul' Releases New Photos and Plot Details
AMC has treated "Breaking Bad" fans with new photos from the set of "Better Call Saul". One features Bob Odenkirk's titular character alone, while the other sees the lawyer and his brother Chuck, played by Michael McKean, having what seems to be an intense conversation.
During the Television Critics' Association summer press tour on Friday, July 11, the network also shared more details of the storyline. The prequel to the award-winning series "Breaking Bad" "is set six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet."
"Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is 'fixer' Mike Erhmantraut (Jonathan Banks), a beloved character introduced in 'Breaking Bad'. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts 'criminal' in 'criminal lawyer.' The series' tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humor."
Also announced among the cast are Rhea Seehorn as Kim, Patrick Fabian as Hamlin and Michael Mando as Nacho - "characters that will represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law."
Speaking to TV critics, "Bad" creator Vince Gilligan said of Saul, "I thought it was going to be kind of easy going in (but) we didn't know who this guy is at all... We know where this guy is going. We can't in the first episode, have him lose an arm or an eye."
Peter Gould, who created the character, added, "We're going to bring him to that point, and it's a challenge. We know that's not the name he was born with. What problem did being named Saul Goodman solve?"
Gilligan directed the first episode and is executive producing the series along with Gould. Filming is currently underway in Albuquerque, NM. The 10-episode first season will debut in early 2015. AMC has also ordered a 13-episode season 2 which is slated to air in 2016.
More Better Call Saul News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen