'Harry Potter' Star Dave Legeno Found Dead in Death Valley
Actor Dave Legeno died at 50 while hiking in Death Valley in California. It's revealed that the mixed martial arts star who played werewolf Fenrir Greyback in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" and the last two installments died of heat stroke. Temperature in the area can reach up to 120 degrees.
Legeno's body was found by two hikers on Sunday, July 6 and had to be recovered by helicopter. Rumor suggests it may have been there for three or four days before being found. He is survived by a daughter named Wendy who is believed to be in her 20s.
"The Inyo County Sheriff's Dispatch received notification on Sunday [July 6] at approximately 7 A.M. that remains had been discovered in a remote wash below Manly Beacon, west of Zabriskie Point in Death Valley," the Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
"The reporting party was part of an unrelated two-person hiking group. Due to the remote area, California Highway Patrol helicopter H-82 out of Apple Valley was utilized to insert an Inyo County Sheriff's Deputy, and also provided transportation of the body."
"The remains have been identified as David Legeno, a 50-year-old United Kingdom man. It appears that Legeno died of heat related issues, but the Inyo County Coroner will determine the final cause of death. There are no signs of foul play."
Fellow "Harry Potter" star Tom Felton paid a moving tribute on Instagram to the fallen actor. "Dave Legeno. It was always a pleasure. He was a great talent with a heart of gold and always had time for anyone," he wrote. "Dave was a soft, kind gentleman off screen but had the skill to be the complete opposite on screen. He taught me lots, You will be missed mate xx #DaveLegeno."
The Draco Malfoy depicter also posted on Twitter, "Gutted to hear the sad news about Dave Legeno. He was a true Big, Friendly, Gentleman. Was a pleasure every time we met #BFG #DaveLegeno."
Meanwhile, fellow MMA fighter Don Frye said, "Just found out my good friend Dave Legeno's body was found in Death Valley. It was too soon for a man that good." Mark Killeen, Legeno's co-star in "Rise of the Footsoldier", tweeted, "Rip dave legeno a legend and a dear friend xxx."
Legeno's acting credits included "Batman Begins" and "Snow White and the Huntsman". He also appeared in Guy Ritchie's 2000 movie "Snatch" which starred Jason Statham, Brad Pitt and Vinnie Jones. He was nicknamed The Enforcer during his MMA career.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!