Garth Brooks Confirms New Album and New World Tour Are Coming
Garth Brooks confirmed his plan to return to music at a press conference he held on Thursday, July 10. During the event, the country superstar said that he'd enlisted Sony Music's RCA Records to help him distribute and promote his new album that would be released "around Black Friday."
He announced that his music would be made available digitally, but not on iTunes. The star, who disagrees with iTunes' policy that allows fans to buy individual tracks from albums, said, "We will do our digital the only way we can. Digital will be handled at garthbrooks.com." His new music is scheduled to arrive "in the next few weeks."
Of what to expect from his first album in more than a decade, Brooks explained, "You've heard those new terms, bro country and hick-hop? I don't think my stuff is either one of those. For me, it's Garth music."
He continued, "If you remember, I wasn't the country guy in the '90s... all I can do is open this up and show you the time and you'll make that decision what it is. If you had to put it in a box for me? (It's) Garth music. It's ever-evolving and it stands the test of time."
Brooks also revealed he'd planned a world tour. He will announce more details about the tour, including ticket prices and concert dates, on July 14.
During the press conference, Brooks additionally addressed the cancellation of his five shows at Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland. He said, "The people of Ireland are the most loving people on the planet. However, the system needs to look at itself... Don't sell a show to people and get their hopes up and then cancel it. It just isn't fair."
Brooks told the crowd of his desire to make these shows happen, adding, "If the prime minister himself wants to speak to me, I will crawl, swim, and even fly over."
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!