'Pitch Perfect 2' Adds 'The Sing-Off' Alum The Filharmonic
The Filharmonic, an a cappella group who participated in the fourth season of "The Sing-Off", joins "Pitch Perfect 2". The group consists of VJ Rosales, Joe Caigoy, Trace Gaynor, Barry Fortgang, Jules Cruz, and Niko Del Rey. They finished fourth in the televised competition.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Skylar Astin, and Elizabeth Banks are set to return for the sequel to 2012's big-screen musical film. The familiar faces join new members like Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal.
Banks will direct and co-produce the upcoming film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. The original scribe Kay Cannon is back at his post as well. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie