'Pitch Perfect 2' Adds 'The Sing-Off' Alum The Filharmonic
The Filharmonic, an a cappella group who participated in the fourth season of "The Sing-Off", joins "Pitch Perfect 2". The group consists of VJ Rosales, Joe Caigoy, Trace Gaynor, Barry Fortgang, Jules Cruz, and Niko Del Rey. They finished fourth in the televised competition.
Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Skylar Astin, and Elizabeth Banks are set to return for the sequel to 2012's big-screen musical film. The familiar faces join new members like Hailee Steinfeld and Katey Sagal.
Banks will direct and co-produce the upcoming film, in addition to reprising her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for the ICCAs. The original scribe Kay Cannon is back at his post as well. Universal Pictures has booked May 15, 2015 as a U.S. release date for the movie.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen