Katie Holmes Goes Topless for Glamour, Talks About Being a Mother
Katie Holmes went topless for the August issue of Glamour magazine. The "Jack and Jill" actress, who was interviewed by Zac Posen, a designer turned reporter for the magazine, talked about her life with her daughter and her upcoming movie "The Giver".
The "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" actress wore only a pair of high-waisted jeans along with a belt. Katie's left hand covered her breasts while her right hand touched her neck. She looked gorgeous as she applied simple makeup with her shoulder-length hair flowing down in '70s style.
Katie, who has split from Tom Cruise for two years, talked about her life of being a single parent. She said that "being a mother is the greatest gift. When I became a mother, my life completely changed." The 35year-old actress added, "I've seen 'Frozen (2013)' a lot. But the biggest change? I think you don't know-I didn't know how much love I had in me. It's overwhelming. Every day I discover more about this spectacular human being I get to be the mother of."
When asked about her upcoming science-fiction movie, which is based on 1993's novel with the same name "The Giver", Katie replied, "I loved the Lois Lowry book [a young adult novel about a futuristic, seemingly utopian society in which everyone looks and acts the same]. There's this community that has decided to create a life that has no pain but also has no real joy. The director Phil Noyce created a society that's so 'ideal'-it's pretty sci-fi."
When asked if she had read the novel when she was younger, the "Batman Begins actress replied, "No. [But now] I find it to be a really important read. My favorite books of my childhood were definitely [J.D.] Salinger's, like 'Franny and Zooey', 'The Catcher in the Rye', and then 'Of Human Bondage' by Somerset Maugham. Maya Angelou's work."
She also said about her recent experience of working with Meryl Streep in the movie, "Being in a movie with Meryl Streep was a huge dream come true. When the cameras rolled, she was spot-on and such a pro. It was just a thrill to walk on set with her."
Katie and Meryl star in "The Giver" along with Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgard, Odeya Rush, and Taylor Swift. The movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 15.
More Katie Holmes News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016