IFC Orders 'Spoils of Babylon' Sequel
"The Spoils of Babylon" gets a sequel, Variety learns. IFC has ordered "The Spoils Before Dying" with Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young as executive producers. Ferrell is also back playing the lead role, while Piedmont will direct and write the episodes with Steele.
The Funny Or Die-produced comedy miniseries revolves around author-director-writer Eric Jonrosh who opens and closes each episode with his personal insights on the process of filming the "adaptation" of his novel. The sequel based on his first book will follow a jazz-pianist turned private eye who becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that spins out of control.
"With IFC's renewed partnership with Funny or Die, Eric Jonrosh and his most-prized works will continue to entertain and enthrall audiences for generations to come," said IFC President Jennifer Caserta. Ferrell gushed, "Hang on to your hats America! This one's going to be totally bonkers!" Piedmont added, "Television audiences haven't clamored this much for a second season since 'After M*A*S*H*.' "
The first miniseries was supported by Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and Kristen Wiig.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis