IFC Orders 'Spoils of Babylon' Sequel
"The Spoils of Babylon" gets a sequel, Variety learns. IFC has ordered "The Spoils Before Dying" with Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young as executive producers. Ferrell is also back playing the lead role, while Piedmont will direct and write the episodes with Steele.
The Funny Or Die-produced comedy miniseries revolves around author-director-writer Eric Jonrosh who opens and closes each episode with his personal insights on the process of filming the "adaptation" of his novel. The sequel based on his first book will follow a jazz-pianist turned private eye who becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that spins out of control.
"With IFC's renewed partnership with Funny or Die, Eric Jonrosh and his most-prized works will continue to entertain and enthrall audiences for generations to come," said IFC President Jennifer Caserta. Ferrell gushed, "Hang on to your hats America! This one's going to be totally bonkers!" Piedmont added, "Television audiences haven't clamored this much for a second season since 'After M*A*S*H*.' "
The first miniseries was supported by Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and Kristen Wiig.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album