IFC Orders 'Spoils of Babylon' Sequel
"The Spoils of Babylon" gets a sequel, Variety learns. IFC has ordered "The Spoils Before Dying" with Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young as executive producers. Ferrell is also back playing the lead role, while Piedmont will direct and write the episodes with Steele.
The Funny Or Die-produced comedy miniseries revolves around author-director-writer Eric Jonrosh who opens and closes each episode with his personal insights on the process of filming the "adaptation" of his novel. The sequel based on his first book will follow a jazz-pianist turned private eye who becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that spins out of control.
"With IFC's renewed partnership with Funny or Die, Eric Jonrosh and his most-prized works will continue to entertain and enthrall audiences for generations to come," said IFC President Jennifer Caserta. Ferrell gushed, "Hang on to your hats America! This one's going to be totally bonkers!" Piedmont added, "Television audiences haven't clamored this much for a second season since 'After M*A*S*H*.' "
The first miniseries was supported by Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and Kristen Wiig.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think