IFC Orders 'Spoils of Babylon' Sequel
"The Spoils of Babylon" gets a sequel, Variety learns. IFC has ordered "The Spoils Before Dying" with Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young as executive producers. Ferrell is also back playing the lead role, while Piedmont will direct and write the episodes with Steele.
The Funny Or Die-produced comedy miniseries revolves around author-director-writer Eric Jonrosh who opens and closes each episode with his personal insights on the process of filming the "adaptation" of his novel. The sequel based on his first book will follow a jazz-pianist turned private eye who becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that spins out of control.
"With IFC's renewed partnership with Funny or Die, Eric Jonrosh and his most-prized works will continue to entertain and enthrall audiences for generations to come," said IFC President Jennifer Caserta. Ferrell gushed, "Hang on to your hats America! This one's going to be totally bonkers!" Piedmont added, "Television audiences haven't clamored this much for a second season since 'After M*A*S*H*.' "
The first miniseries was supported by Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and Kristen Wiig.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia