John Mayer Has Concept for Reality Show Called 'My Funny Friend'
John Mayer wants to pitch a new reality TV show. According to Us Weekly, the singer/songwriter who made no secret of his love for reality series has an idea for a show called "My Funny Friend" and wants celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain as a host.
"His concept is: Everyone things they have a buddy who's so hysterical, he or she should be in comedy," a source said. "So people nominate their friends, and they go through a series of evaluations to determine if they're actually funny or not."
He "thinks it has a great human-interest angle," the insider explained. "John says it's a show about 'dreams.' He's telling people, 'Think how much joy there is in seeing a friend happy!' "
Back in 2012, the Grammy winner told Ellen DeGeneres that he'd been watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since "the Brad Womack year." "I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," he said. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
More John Mayer News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna