John Mayer Has Concept for Reality Show Called 'My Funny Friend'
John Mayer wants to pitch a new reality TV show. According to Us Weekly, the singer/songwriter who made no secret of his love for reality series has an idea for a show called "My Funny Friend" and wants celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain as a host.
"His concept is: Everyone things they have a buddy who's so hysterical, he or she should be in comedy," a source said. "So people nominate their friends, and they go through a series of evaluations to determine if they're actually funny or not."
He "thinks it has a great human-interest angle," the insider explained. "John says it's a show about 'dreams.' He's telling people, 'Think how much joy there is in seeing a friend happy!' "
Back in 2012, the Grammy winner told Ellen DeGeneres that he'd been watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since "the Brad Womack year." "I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," he said. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
More John Mayer News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri