John Mayer Has Concept for Reality Show Called 'My Funny Friend'
John Mayer wants to pitch a new reality TV show. According to Us Weekly, the singer/songwriter who made no secret of his love for reality series has an idea for a show called "My Funny Friend" and wants celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain as a host.
"His concept is: Everyone things they have a buddy who's so hysterical, he or she should be in comedy," a source said. "So people nominate their friends, and they go through a series of evaluations to determine if they're actually funny or not."
He "thinks it has a great human-interest angle," the insider explained. "John says it's a show about 'dreams.' He's telling people, 'Think how much joy there is in seeing a friend happy!' "
Back in 2012, the Grammy winner told Ellen DeGeneres that he'd been watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since "the Brad Womack year." "I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," he said. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
More John Mayer News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism