John Mayer Has Concept for Reality Show Called 'My Funny Friend'
John Mayer wants to pitch a new reality TV show. According to Us Weekly, the singer/songwriter who made no secret of his love for reality series has an idea for a show called "My Funny Friend" and wants celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain as a host.
"His concept is: Everyone things they have a buddy who's so hysterical, he or she should be in comedy," a source said. "So people nominate their friends, and they go through a series of evaluations to determine if they're actually funny or not."
He "thinks it has a great human-interest angle," the insider explained. "John says it's a show about 'dreams.' He's telling people, 'Think how much joy there is in seeing a friend happy!' "
Back in 2012, the Grammy winner told Ellen DeGeneres that he'd been watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since "the Brad Womack year." "I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," he said. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group