John Mayer Has Concept for Reality Show Called 'My Funny Friend'
John Mayer wants to pitch a new reality TV show. According to Us Weekly, the singer/songwriter who made no secret of his love for reality series has an idea for a show called "My Funny Friend" and wants celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain as a host.
"His concept is: Everyone things they have a buddy who's so hysterical, he or she should be in comedy," a source said. "So people nominate their friends, and they go through a series of evaluations to determine if they're actually funny or not."
He "thinks it has a great human-interest angle," the insider explained. "John says it's a show about 'dreams.' He's telling people, 'Think how much joy there is in seeing a friend happy!' "
Back in 2012, the Grammy winner told Ellen DeGeneres that he'd been watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since "the Brad Womack year." "I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," he said. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
More John Mayer News
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'