'Gold Rush' Star James Harness Dies at 57
James Harness, a star of "Gold Rush", has died at age 57. A spokesperson from the reality series confirmed the sad news on July 3. Todd Hoffman, the creator of "Gold Rush", posted a tweet regarding James' death on Thursday, "RIP James Harness." According to TMZ, James' children recently revealed that their father died a week ago after suffering a stroke.
James, who was a mechanic on the show, was reported suffering from severe back pain after being involved in a car accident. His delibitating pain had made him addicted to painkillers and turned him into an unreliable person. Report said that he was forced to leave the second season of "Gold Rush" because he never showed up.
James is survived by his son and daughter. According to his children, the funeral will be held on July 5 in Oregon.
The Discovery Channel reality series first aired in 2010. The show focuses on a group of miners who search gold from Oregon to Alaska. The show has expanded the gold mining area to Guyana, South America in its season 4. The fifth season will premiere in October.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift