'Gold Rush' Star James Harness Dies at 57
James Harness, a star of "Gold Rush", has died at age 57. A spokesperson from the reality series confirmed the sad news on July 3. Todd Hoffman, the creator of "Gold Rush", posted a tweet regarding James' death on Thursday, "RIP James Harness." According to TMZ, James' children recently revealed that their father died a week ago after suffering a stroke.
James, who was a mechanic on the show, was reported suffering from severe back pain after being involved in a car accident. His delibitating pain had made him addicted to painkillers and turned him into an unreliable person. Report said that he was forced to leave the second season of "Gold Rush" because he never showed up.
James is survived by his son and daughter. According to his children, the funeral will be held on July 5 in Oregon.
The Discovery Channel reality series first aired in 2010. The show focuses on a group of miners who search gold from Oregon to Alaska. The show has expanded the gold mining area to Guyana, South America in its season 4. The fifth season will premiere in October.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney