'Gold Rush' Star James Harness Dies at 57
James Harness, a star of "Gold Rush", has died at age 57. A spokesperson from the reality series confirmed the sad news on July 3. Todd Hoffman, the creator of "Gold Rush", posted a tweet regarding James' death on Thursday, "RIP James Harness." According to TMZ, James' children recently revealed that their father died a week ago after suffering a stroke.
James, who was a mechanic on the show, was reported suffering from severe back pain after being involved in a car accident. His delibitating pain had made him addicted to painkillers and turned him into an unreliable person. Report said that he was forced to leave the second season of "Gold Rush" because he never showed up.
James is survived by his son and daughter. According to his children, the funeral will be held on July 5 in Oregon.
The Discovery Channel reality series first aired in 2010. The show focuses on a group of miners who search gold from Oregon to Alaska. The show has expanded the gold mining area to Guyana, South America in its season 4. The fifth season will premiere in October.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors