Stephen Amell Denies Arrow Crossover in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Stephen Amell will not appear in upcoming DC movie "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" despite reports to the contrary. Rumors about Arrow crossover in the film emerged after he teased that "big things" would be revealed at Comic-Con, but he insisted his statement was misunderstood.
"I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman," the actor who plays title role on The CW's series "Arrow" explained in a Facebook post. "I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman."
"The next time that I either do a video or an interview with a journalist that I like, I'll be happy to explain why this is the case. Short form - it's not a barometer on ability or the quality of genre - TV V Film, no pun intended. Everything here boils down to logistics," he went on.
"In any event... thank you for how much support you've showed me. But keep in mind, playing Arrow on television isn't a consolation prize. We play the definitive versions of our characters in the DC Universe."
The "Man of Steel" sequel is slated for May 6, 2016 release in the U.S. Henry Cavill reprises his role as Superman, Amy Adams returns as Lois Lane, Ben Affleck is tapped as Batman, Gal Gadot is cast as Wonder Woman, while Jesse Eisenberg is hired to play the villainous Lex Luthor.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz