Stephen Amell Denies Arrow Crossover in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Stephen Amell will not appear in upcoming DC movie "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" despite reports to the contrary. Rumors about Arrow crossover in the film emerged after he teased that "big things" would be revealed at Comic-Con, but he insisted his statement was misunderstood.
"I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman," the actor who plays title role on The CW's series "Arrow" explained in a Facebook post. "I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman."
"The next time that I either do a video or an interview with a journalist that I like, I'll be happy to explain why this is the case. Short form - it's not a barometer on ability or the quality of genre - TV V Film, no pun intended. Everything here boils down to logistics," he went on.
"In any event... thank you for how much support you've showed me. But keep in mind, playing Arrow on television isn't a consolation prize. We play the definitive versions of our characters in the DC Universe."
The "Man of Steel" sequel is slated for May 6, 2016 release in the U.S. Henry Cavill reprises his role as Superman, Amy Adams returns as Lois Lane, Ben Affleck is tapped as Batman, Gal Gadot is cast as Wonder Woman, while Jesse Eisenberg is hired to play the villainous Lex Luthor.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'