Stephen Amell Denies Arrow Crossover in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Stephen Amell will not appear in upcoming DC movie "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" despite reports to the contrary. Rumors about Arrow crossover in the film emerged after he teased that "big things" would be revealed at Comic-Con, but he insisted his statement was misunderstood.
"I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman," the actor who plays title role on The CW's series "Arrow" explained in a Facebook post. "I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman."
"The next time that I either do a video or an interview with a journalist that I like, I'll be happy to explain why this is the case. Short form - it's not a barometer on ability or the quality of genre - TV V Film, no pun intended. Everything here boils down to logistics," he went on.
"In any event... thank you for how much support you've showed me. But keep in mind, playing Arrow on television isn't a consolation prize. We play the definitive versions of our characters in the DC Universe."
The "Man of Steel" sequel is slated for May 6, 2016 release in the U.S. Henry Cavill reprises his role as Superman, Amy Adams returns as Lois Lane, Ben Affleck is tapped as Batman, Gal Gadot is cast as Wonder Woman, while Jesse Eisenberg is hired to play the villainous Lex Luthor.
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap