NBC Releases Clip From Miley Cyrus 'Intense and Wild' TV Special
This Sunday, July 6, NBC will premiere a two-hour special titled "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" at 9 P.M. To build anticipation for the show, the network has debuted a clip from the special, sharing a bit from the 21-year-old singer's performance of "We Can't Stop" at one of the concerts during her "Bangerz" Tour.
The TV special will feature backstage and performance footage from her concerts at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, Spain and the MEO Arena in Lisbon, Portugal. The network also said that the special would "examine what makes [Cyrus] such a global phenomenon."
The former Disney star, who wears a slim white leotard in the clip, has been making headlines with her onstage antics. The tour's creative director, Diane Martel, recently told Billboard that "her performance in this special is flawless and passionate" and "intense and wild."
She added, "She's got a thrilling command of her stage and the room; this is something I was excited by in the edit. To see her eyes close up, to see her lithe body and huge voice making this collection of people respond in tandem, that's the important thing to translate from stage to the small screen ... She literally will make anything handed to her onstage a seamless part of the number."
The special will additionally offer a look at Cyrus' life behind the scenes during the tour. "We see Miley as she is in her private life: very sweet, tender, loving and playful," Martel teased. "Miley speaks about her personal growth to date during this tour. We get a sense of the smart and thoughtful artist she is. ... It's very low-key and intimate. She's sophisticated in many ways and a young, silly girl in others."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape